Saturday, February 7, 2009

Recipe: Gluten Free Banana Bread

I use this recipe from Glutenfreeda.com religiously. We buy bananas all the time, and if I have a few past the "just right" stage, I save them for this bread. I made two tiny tweaks to the original recipe found at their website - see the * on the recipe and my notes next to them.


Gluten Free Banana Bread


1-1/3 cup gf flour (I use Gluten Free Pantry French Bread & Pizza Mix exclusively for this bread - click on the link at the bottom of this page to go there to buy some - you won't regret it!)


3/4 teaspoon salt


1/2 teaspoon baking soda


1/4 teaspoon baking powder


1/4 cup vegetable or canola oil


2/3 cup sugar


3 large eggs, lightly beaten


1 cup ripe bananas, mashed (I use 3 medium to large bananas)


3/4 cup pecans, chopped * The original recipe calls for 1/2 cup, but I LOVE pecans, so I add just a bit more.


1 cup chocolate chips * The original recipe does not call for these, but what can I say? I am a chocoholic!


Directions


Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Butter a loaf pan. In a medium bowl, mix together flour, salt, baking soda and powder. In a large bowl, beat together the oil and sugar. Add the flour mixture to the oil mixture and beat until blended. Gradually beat in eggs. Fold in bananas and pecans. Pour the batter into the loaf pan and bake for 1 hour, or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean. Let cool in pan for 10 minutes before removing to cool on rack.

No comments:

Post a Comment