Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Product Review: EnviroKidz Organic Gorilla Munch

I originally bought the Gorilla Munch because I thought it would be a bit like Cap'n Crunch. It's too bad it really tastes nothing like it - I might have liked it better. For all intents and purposes, this is one boring cereal.



The first taste reminded me of Kix - and I wasn't a huge fan of that cereal as a kid, either. Kix to me were crunchy balls of tasteless, flavorless "nothing". The only thing going for this cereal was that it does have a hint of sweetness to it that was lacking with Kix. This one started crunchy, but got soggy FAST. It is made from corn meal, evaporated cane juice and sea salt. There is a warning on the box that says it may contain peanuts, tree nuts & soy, so if you have additional allergy considerations, please be advised this cereal may not be for you.



Gorilla Munch has no artificial additives or preservatives, and the company donates 1% of sales to wildlife preservation. That alone was a benefit in purchasing, but I wish it had a bit more flavor to it. That said, you could probably add dried fruit or bananas to it to liven it up. I will definitely give that a try to see how it turns out.

No comments:

Post a Comment