Monday, February 16, 2009

Product Review: Pamela's Chocolate Brownie Mix



This is one of the first delicious tasting mixes I came across when initially going gluten-free. Pamela's also makes a fantastic pancake mix that even my grandparents couldn't tell was not a wheat flour based counterpart.


Pamela's Chocolate Brownie mix can be made a multitude of different ways - no matter your allergy. It can be made dairy free, egg free, more fudgy, more cake-like, etc.

This is truly a decadent chocolate brownie. The chocolate is rich and the brownies come out dense and chewy. It's an easy mix to make - just mix in one bowl and place it in the oven!


My favorite thing to do with this mix is create my own "Chocolate Thunder from Down Under" - credit Outback Steakhouse for this insanely delicious dessert. I buy my favorite ice cream (or soy ice cream if dairy is bothering me) to top the warm brownie, add hot fudge sauce and whipped cream, and some chopped nuts. I am in heaven with this dessert!


You can add dried fruit, nuts, or MORE chocolate chips to this brownie mix. I am still waiting to try dried sweet cherries with chopped pecans!


No comments:

Post a Comment