Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Product Review: Glutino Chicken Pizza with BBQ Sauce

This was a new arrival at Whole Foods recently, and being the pizza fanatic that I am, I had to try it. It is made with a brown rice crust, and has 30g of whole grain. This product does have eggs and milk, so those with additional allergies need to take care.

After cooking it to make sure the edges got browned and crispy, I noticed that the center of the pizza did something strange. This may just have been a one-off, but the center of the pizza "bubbled up", so the bottom of the crust ended up being soft (with the appearance of being "undercooked") instead of crispy. Odd for sure, but I hope this was just my experience. The edges were crisp and delicious, and I would have loved the whole crust to be!

The cheese was sparse in comparison to the BBQ sauce. The pizza was doused in a sweet, tangy sauce (a bit too much for me), with a bit of cheese and 3 chunks of chicken. Yes, I counted! :o)
This pizza, overall, was very tasty. I would love to see more cheese, less sauce, and more chicken. Definitely a step forward for pizza lovers! Worth a try if you like BBQ chicken!

No comments:

Post a Comment