Sunday, June 28, 2009

Product Review: Glutino Chicken Penne Alfredo

Being a huge fan of other Glutino products, I wanted to try a pasta dish to see if it stacked up to their other items.

Their Chicken Penne Alfredo was my first foray into their pasta dishes. To start, the chicken was good - tender and flavorful. The sauce smelled divine - just like the real deal with alfredo. But the flavor was just a little lacking - it felt like it needed the punch of fresh garlic or a touch of ground pepper. The pasta was a bit of a letdown, too. A bit more than al dente, even when cooked just a touch longer than the box advised. Very chewy and bland. It wasn't the best pasta I've had, but it wasn't the worst either.

This one does have dairy products in it - so if you have dairy sensitivities, this one is not for you.

I would eat it again, but only if I had extra money to spend and some fresh garlic and broccoli on hand to mix in.

No comments:

Post a Comment